Sunday, February 1, 2015

Communication

Today's Angel Card is Communication.

Communication seems like such a simple concept. Say what you mean to say, and don't be afraid to say how you feel. That is not always such a simple thing. Often times we curb what we say, often for the sake of other peoples feelings. While the intention of curbing how you really feel may be from a place of love, it REALLY fucks with the other person.

I need to work on my communication. I have been working on being more clear in all my relationships. I think it makes people nervous when you flat out ask them where you stand in their lives. But it takes a great deal of trust from the other person to answer you honestly, and that can be very difficult.

Another hard part of communication is finding someone willing to listen. Listening without judgment is a bonus. It's hard for me to be able to fully open up. So many people want to invalidate how I feel ("Are you ever going to get over this?" "Why would you do that??") rather than just listen, without trying to fix me, or the situation. Sometimes I just want someone to say "I know things are _____ right now, but everything will be okay. I have faith that you'll figure it out and everything will work out in the end."

No comments:

Post a Comment